You my dear, are a rare and sacred vessel. How do I know that? Well God made you and in HIS image. You were chosen out of millions of “Sea Men” to represent God here on earth. You are a pearl. Pearls have a simple yet elegant beauty about them. Pearls symbolize Purity, Spiritual Transformation, Charity, Honesty, Wisdom and Integrity, all the best within us (link
) To me they represent a lady.
Imagine how the pearl became a pearl. It started off as a grain of sand locked in a dark place where life got a hold of it. Lots of pressure from everything around it causing friction and irritation. But then someone found it and opened it and in it was beauty. That is God molding and shaping us into this beautiful gem representing what God does for us. We have become God's masterpiece, His beautiful art.
Matt 7:6 "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces. What does this mean? Just think about it dogs are seemingly aggressive and savages they tear things up. And pigs, an unclean animal that lives in the mud. Really, throw beautiful pearls to it? It is just going to stomp all over it. Why give your pearls, your holiness to something or someone that will never see the value in it? But do not go around labeling people as pigs or dogs just because they are not for you does not mean they are not for somebody else. What I am saying is HEAR God when it comes to finding someone that will value and cherish those beautiful pearls. 5 Reasons to Stay Sacred and NOT Throw Your Pearls to Pigs:
- You Are Unique- No one can do what you do like you do. They can't look like you, talk like you, produce the greatness that only you can produce. In other words, there is only 1 you and you better own it! Kept wondering why you did not fit in, it's because you are the star of the show! Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations
- You are Beautiful, Fearfully and Wonderfully Made- For some of us we know we are beautiful others have a hard time believing that. We need so many people to tell us that we are beautiful and still we need more. It took me a long time to really believe that I was beautiful and that God saw me beautiful! It is so true I do not care how much you do NOT look like the people in the magazines... They do not even look like the people in the magazines :) You have to hold on to those pearls until you really believe it because if you do not then those pearls will fall into the wrong hands.
- Your Body is God's Temple- Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body," (1 Cor. 6:19-20). What you put in it, what you allow to go inside of you can either do harm or good. So eat healthier, exercise, get the LIVING WORD in you, read books that will help you grow into the person God wants you to be! Don't allow for men and women to misuse you and abuse you- easier said than done but practice makes almost perfect. What you wear plays a big role what message are you sending even though you may not plan to send any message people are receiving a message from you!
- That ONE is getting ready for you- Are you becoming a wife? Are you preparing yourself for the next step for marriage? Proverbs 18:22 says, when a man findeth a WIFE, not a girl but a wife. You have to be a wife therefore the old you has to die. You can't do childish things anymore. Hold on to those pearls for that ONE that will cherish it FOREVER not just temporarily.
- God entrusted you with those pearls- You have those pearls for a reason. He did not give them to pigs He gave them to a beautiful woman so learn how to cherish, honor and respect them. IF you cannot do that then why do you expect for someone else to? Learn to love yourself; learn yourself period. You are with you all the time and many people do not know who they are, whose they are and what they represent. Better get excited about those pearls.
Just remember if your pearls have been mistreated, used and abused, devalued and trampled on, pick them back up. Go and wash them off. Polish them until you see them shine. Put them back on and wear them proudly. Or put it in your jewelry box until you want to wear them again. God will restore!
Peace and Blessings,
Aesop's Fable- The North Wind and the Sun
The North Wind boasted of great strength. The Sun argued that there was great power in gentleness.
"We shall have a contest," said the Sun.
Far below, a man traveled a winding road. He was wearing a warm winter coat.
"As a test of strength," said the Sun, "Let us see which of us can take the coat off of that man."
"It will be quite simple for me to force him to remove his coat," bragged the Wind.
The Wind blew so hard, the birds clung to the trees. The world was filled with dust and leaves. But the harder the wind blew down the road, the tighter the shivering man clung to his coat.
Then, the Sun came out from behind a cloud. Sun warmed the air and the frosty ground. The man on the road unbuttoned his coat.
The sun grew slowly brighter and brighter.
Soon the man felt so hot, he took off his coat and sat down in a shady spot.
"How did you do that?" said the Wind.
"It was easy," said the Sun, "I lit the day. Through gentleness I got my way."
By the Meekness and gentleness of Christ, I appeal to you (2 Cor 10:1) that gentleness indeed holds such a great power and those who possess that fruit of the Spirit knows exactly what I mean! Here I go AGAIN with this gentleness topic.... I do not know I how got here again, but I am assuming that it needs to be heard.
I am reading many different books for Christian women and two of them are Kingdom Woman by Tony Evans and his daughter, Chrystal Evans Hurst and I keep going back to the book Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge. Go pick up these amazing books!
Well I was rereading the chapter in Captivating titled, "Arousing Adam" and it was so deep and I just kept hearing gentleness. For the past couple of months I have been struggling with being heard and felt like I was being taken advantage of by so many people and I thought that is was because I was so kind and gentle and so I began to try to be a bit more TOUGH and have an attitude. I began to see people's Diva-like, "Aint nobody got time for that" type attitudes and thought it was working well. I tried it and failed. I felt silly, I felt like it just did not come out as nice as I thought it would. I just wanted to be heard you know. But that was not me.
One day I was with one of my more "Urban" Girl Scout groups, a bunch of 4/5th graders and I spoke to them nicely, did not raise my voice and just was kind to them something they were not used to. But they were being so loud and doing their own thing and I began to get more stern. But then a hall monitor came in loud and putting them in "check" and they got quiet but out of fear. I asked them, "Is that how I need for you all to listen? Be loud and mean or speak to you nicely?" They said, "No, NICELY" I then realized they loved being with me because I was calm and sweet and gentle something they needed but was not used to. So I began to love on them a little bit more when they wanted hugs I gave them hugs, when they wanted to talk I let them talk and I listened. Now ladies, we have become a loud, angry, violent type of women and it has come from so many issues that we have been through and our parents have been through that we keep trying to adapt to this crazy world. Thing about it we are to live in the world not be of it
(John 15:19) that is where we are struggling because we want the world to love us because we love it. 1 John 2:15-17 says, If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever. Why can't we be a gentle woman speaking with kindness, showing love and mercy?
I will let you know that the most loud, angry women heavily portrayed in the media is of black women, I see it on videos and even in real life. I am not trying to single any race out that is what I see and what the world sees and people laugh. It is so sad to me. I live in Minnesota, born and raised and seen really old married black couples and very few YOUNG married. Why is that? I went to college in Marshall, MN and saw so many young married white couples and serious relationships. I saw the black football players as just that, "PLAYERS" but they weren't with the black girls, they were with the white girls. A few black guys said they don't like all that loud attitude black girls give and I was like dang.... But oh well. Just earlier I was watching a couple videos people posted on FB of black girls LOUD AND FIGHTING... and the guys just sat around laughing. I remember one thing my husband said while we were dating and even in marriage he needed peace in the home.
Peace not meaning quiet but peace as in serene a place of retreat, a place to be revived and rejuvenated. A place where he WANTED to come home, a place to escape the madness of the world. And why shouldn't he be allowed that? I know I want it! Did you read that story at the top? How the sun won with gentleness? I am telling you, you could get a lot of what you want with being gentle. If you are seeking to get married or need a more peaceful place at home in the marriage you have, just remember that men, the real ones, the ones that want to make YOU THE ONE, want and need a wife to be gentle. Gentle with her words and actions. Here are some scriptures to prove it:
- Proverbs 19:13 ...and the contentions of a wife are a continual dropping. (Contentions: heated disagreement, quarreling)
- Proverbs 21:9 Better to dwell in a corner of a housetop, Than in a house shared with a contentious woman.
- Proverbs 21:19 Better to live in a tent in the wild than with a cross and petulant spouse. (The Message Bible)
So if we see that being contentious, petulant, cross, quarreling etc. has the power to drive away our men then what power do we have with showing and being gentle?
- Well Proverbs 25:15 says, Through patience a ruler can be persuaded, and a gentle tongue can break a bone
- And, Proverbs 15: 1 says, A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger
- It also says that it is UNFADING BEAUTY, "Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:4
- It is also one of the fruits of the Spirit, Galatians 5:23.
So it can break bones, turn away wrath, is forever beautiful, and like Christ... hmmm there seems to be a lot of power. If we are Christians that means we are to being walking like Christ, Christ said,
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle
and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. (Matt 11:29) Be like Christ, be gentle to those around you, they need the peace, they need rest for their souls. Our men had a long, tough day at work be gentle. Our children was bullied or yelled at, be gentle. Your friends and family are going through a tough time, be gentle... Be gentle to all (2 Tim 2:24)
.I dare you to practice this, you will change your atmosphere for better! Peace and Blessings,Cicely
QUALITIES OF A GODLY WOMAN :
1. She handles herself gracefully (Proverbs 11:16)
2. She loves and embraces children (Psalm 113:9, Titus 2:4)
3. She speaks with wisdom (Proverbs 31:26)
4. She has discretion (Proverbs 11:22)
5. She is able to be fully trusted by her husband (Proverbs 31:11)
6. She desires to be her husband’s most faithful companion and closest confidant (Malachi 2:14)
7. She joyfully embraces being a woman and abhors feminism (Psalm 113:9, Romans 12:9)
8. She can manage her home well (Proverbs 31:27, Titus 2:5, 1 Tim 5:14)
9. She is diligent to accomplish anything entrusted to her care (Proverbs 31:13, 1 Tim 5:10)
10. She is firm in her convictions and desires to teach younger women the virtues of godly
womanhood through her example and instruction. (Titus 2:4)
11. She desires for, and encourages men to be leaders in their families, churches and society. (Isaiah 3:12, Eph. 5:23, Titus 1:5-6)
12. She desires to build up and strengthen her home (Proverbs 14:1)
13. She desires to raise and train the next president, not BE the next
president (Proverbs 31:1, Isaiah 3:12)
14. She believes children are a blessing from God, not a burden (Deut. 7:14, 33:24, 127:3)
15. She has a humble spirit (1 Peter 3:4)
16. She looks up to, follows, and respects her husband as the leader of the home (1 Cor. 14:35, Eph. 5:33)
17. She has a quiet spirit, and influences others through godly conduct (1 Peter 3:1-2, 4, 1 Tim. 2:12)
18. She desires to be a mother of nations, not a leader of nations (Genesis 24:60)
19. She has a heart to open her home to hospitality and service to others (1 Tim. 5:10)
20. She cares for the saints (1 Tim. 5:10)
21. She is capable and skilled to clothe her family and decorate her home (Prov. 31:21-22)
22. She desires to model the examples of holy women in Scripture (1 Peter 3:5)
23. She has skills to prepare meals for her family and bless others through hospitality (Prov. 31:15)
24. She is able to teach her children with practical, life instruction (Proverbs 31:1, 26, 6:20)
25. She desires to please her husband and do him good all his life (Prov. 31:12, 1 Cor. 7:34)
26. She is able to manage a business from her home (Prov. 31:18)
27. She can be trusted with wise discretion in spending (Prov. 31:16)
28. She cares for the poor and the needy (Prov. 31:20)
29. She clothes herself in modesty and good works and does not desire to attract
or distract men’s eyes (1 Peter 3:3-4, 1 Tim. 2:9-10)
30. She has a kind and helpful attitude (Prov. 31:26-27)
31. She is prudent: intelligent, productive, skillful, wise and has understanding (Prov. 19:14)
The other day I was reflecting on time wasted and how not only people wasted my time but I was the main culprit of wasted time. The phrase made famous by a lady whose apartment was on fire always plays in my head, “Aint nobody got time for that”. It plays always when people are wasting my time or other outside forces but never when I am wasting my own time.
I see time as wasted when I am not living up to my full potential on a day to day basis but mostly when others take my time for granted. You see I have been pointing fingers at everybody else thinking they run my life clock but in reality it is all me. I allow for others to run my clock but realizing that I have control over my own actions and God is the official clock runner. He started it and He will end it, it is up to me on how I use my time wisely. Psalms 139:16 “Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.”
I know you have said this a time once before or maybe a lot, “Where has the time gone?” Do you remember all the great things you have done/experienced or are you regretting those moments where you could have done more. Did you give up too soon or did you jump the gun?
This "time" I speak of and we live is a chronos time, you know chronological. We live from point A-Birth to point B-Death. In between those two points God gives us these special moments called Kairos. You can find this Greek term in the New Testament. It is those God-ordained moments, those RIGHT time moments, that appointed season. Those moments when time(chronos) intersect with that ordained point of time(kairos) that is God at work.
You ever feel the presence of God at some time in your day? That is where the Holy Spirit is waiting for the words to be spoken. Look at Genesis 1:2-3 “2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.” That was a God-ordained moment.
Take a moment or two to reflect on your life can you remember those moments where you just stood there and thought, “ I was at the right place at the right time?” Or thinking, “yes this is my time my season!” Think of those moments. Write them down even.
One thing I realized that the enemy is so real and does not like that God has a purpose and a plan for our lives. The enemy will do so much to stop you before you reach that next Kairos moment. We even block those moments ourselves, we get in the way of God. Either we get scared and begin to sabotage it or we want it so bad we jump the gun and mess it all up. I personally jump the gun which I am working on.
What about you? Are you wanting those awesome God ordained moments without the obstacle’s? Do you want the husband/wife you have been praying and dreaming about but just on your terms, no issues, no fights, no baggage etc? Do you want the job but do not want to work hard to get it or keep it? We do not want the struggles and hardships but we want what God has for us. Or are you the type where we want it but on our time, our schedule- that chronos time? You are thinking ok God, you promised me this but I am getting old, I need it now God. If I do not get it at this time I am going to give up or make it happen for me. When we think like that we END a lot of things prematurely. Did you wait on God for that answer?
If we can just wait on God for that right time, that ordained time, that season through all the ups and downs, what we have to go through to get there we will get it and it will blow your mind. God and the Holy Spirit is working and setting us up for those moments we just cannot grow weary Galatians 6:9 says “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” It says that PROPER TIME- that God-ordained time and then it says we will reap a harvest we just cannot give up.
The past month my husband and I have been just going through it. We definitely were pressing the eject button we were trying, we were getting prepared to go our separate ways. I personally believe that after the storm there will be the rainbow so I knew there was peace coming. However, in the storm it does not feel good at all. But somehow we kicked God out of our marriage and my husband and I were so far apart but right next to each other. We were taking matters into our own hands, I know I had that attitude saying, “God if you don’t hurry up I am leaving”, “God, he needs to change right now because I can’t take it” I put God on a chronological timeline and God is not on our time. We need to just pray and wait for God because I know when He does it, it is going to be AMAZING…. I could not do it or my husband cannot do it as good as our God, there actually is no comparison.
Just have to trust God and believe that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28).
So question to you: Would you want it NOW with the little that you have or WAIT till God gives it to you with all His power and abilities?
Please be sure to share... spread the love!!!
Peace and Love