Imagine how the pearl became a pearl. It started off as a grain of sand locked in a dark place where life got a hold of it. Lots of pressure from everything around it causing friction and irritation. But then someone found it and opened it and in it was beauty. That is God molding and shaping us into this beautiful gem representing what God does for us. We have become God's masterpiece, His beautiful art.
Matt 7:6 "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces. What does this mean? Just think about it dogs are seemingly aggressive and savages they tear things up. And pigs, an unclean animal that lives in the mud. Really, throw beautiful pearls to it? It is just going to stomp all over it. Why give your pearls, your holiness to something or someone that will never see the value in it? But do not go around labeling people as pigs or dogs just because they are not for you does not mean they are not for somebody else. What I am saying is HEAR God when it comes to finding someone that will value and cherish those beautiful pearls.
5 Reasons to Stay Sacred and NOT Throw Your Pearls to Pigs:
- You Are Unique- No one can do what you do like you do. They can't look like you, talk like you, produce the greatness that only you can produce. In other words, there is only 1 you and you better own it! Kept wondering why you did not fit in, it's because you are the star of the show! Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations
- You are Beautiful, Fearfully and Wonderfully Made- For some of us we know we are beautiful others have a hard time believing that. We need so many people to tell us that we are beautiful and still we need more. It took me a long time to really believe that I was beautiful and that God saw me beautiful! It is so true I do not care how much you do NOT look like the people in the magazines... They do not even look like the people in the magazines :) You have to hold on to those pearls until you really believe it because if you do not then those pearls will fall into the wrong hands.
- Your Body is God's Temple- Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body," (1 Cor. 6:19-20). What you put in it, what you allow to go inside of you can either do harm or good. So eat healthier, exercise, get the LIVING WORD in you, read books that will help you grow into the person God wants you to be! Don't allow for men and women to misuse you and abuse you- easier said than done but practice makes almost perfect. What you wear plays a big role what message are you sending even though you may not plan to send any message people are receiving a message from you!
- That ONE is getting ready for you- Are you becoming a wife? Are you preparing yourself for the next step for marriage? Proverbs 18:22 says, when a man findeth a WIFE, not a girl but a wife. You have to be a wife therefore the old you has to die. You can't do childish things anymore. Hold on to those pearls for that ONE that will cherish it FOREVER not just temporarily.
- God entrusted you with those pearls- You have those pearls for a reason. He did not give them to pigs He gave them to a beautiful woman so learn how to cherish, honor and respect them. IF you cannot do that then why do you expect for someone else to? Learn to love yourself; learn yourself period. You are with you all the time and many people do not know who they are, whose they are and what they represent. Better get excited about those pearls.
Just remember if your pearls have been mistreated, used and abused, devalued and trampled on, pick them back up. Go and wash them off. Polish them until you see them shine. Put them back on and wear them proudly. Or put it in your jewelry box until you want to wear them again. God will restore!
Peace and Blessings,