definitely was a learning and growth experience for the both of us. They say the
first year is usually the hardest, I think they had my marriage in mind when
they said that. I was having a tough couple of days and sent my First Lady a
message of defeat and this was her response, “This
is the time to prove God at his word. We sit under some dynamic teaching:
learning about principles and precepts from the Word of God to transform our
lives. What good is the Word if we don’t work the Word in our life. What kind of
marriage do you want to have? Write it down. Here is a sample confession that
you can speak over your life daily.
your word says, what you have joined together, let no one tear apart, so I thank
you for joining Prince and I together and no one will be able to tear us apart
from you or each other. I thank you that Prince loves me like Christ loves the
church and will give himself for me. I will honor and respect my husband and
submit to the vision he has for our family.”
That put me back into perspective… this was a marriage joined by God. I am not about
to let it fall apart over some things that are not and will never be bigger than
my God! So what really stood out to me was the question, what kind of marriage
do you want to have? Funny question because what we watch on movies and on
fairytales the majority of it is the chase, the adventure in dating and courting
and then it Is the end, “And they lived Happily Ever After” You see many of us
are just excited about that part and once they reach that goal they have no idea
of what they want to come next. Sure Kids and a house but what is it that will
make the marriage flourish? So what happens after? What is my happily ever
Because I want my marriage to be blessed and pleasing to God I want that biblical holy
marriage, I want my marriage to be written by GOD and if I obey the principles
in God’s word He will give me the desires of my heart (Psalms 37:4). So where
there is no vision the people perish (Pro 29:18).
MY HAPPILY EVER AFTER NNOOOTTT!!!!
MY VISION FOR MARRIAGE the BIBLICAL WAY! Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
1) I want my husband to be led by Christ as he leads the household
(Eph 5:23). I will put my faith in my husband as he follows Christ. That is the
role and position that God has appointed him to be in. I am to submit to my
Husband as he submits to Christ. Ladies, if your husband is not Christian or not
stepping in his role does this mean to stop submitting to him? No not at all, if
anything submit even more. Remember we are serving and submitting to the God in
our husbands. We want to make sure we step up and make sure the rest our
following God. Once your husband finds his rightful place step back ladies and
exhort your hubby.
2) I want my husband to love me as Christ loves the church, Eph
5:25 says that He loved her so much that He gave His life for her. He made her
holy and cleansed her with the word. He loved her like he loved himself. I know
that we as humans cannot fathom the amount of love God has for us but I am just
going to marvel in it. Remember God is our everything. Our husbands may never
love us as much as we want them to love us but God!!!
3) I want that passionate fire-that eros type of love. I absolutely love the book
song of Solomon. Their love and passion for one another…
Ch 1:2-Let him kiss
me with the kisses of his mouth--
For yourb]'>[b] love is
better than wine.Wooo
Weeee not that is a love story and a love story written by God! That love where
you are bragging to your friends of how amazing he is and how he makes you
feel. Sol Ch 2:4-7He brought me to the banqueting
And his banner over me was
love.Sustain me with cakes of
raisins, Refresh me with apples, For I am lovesick.His left hand is under my head,
And his right hand embraces
me. I charge you, O
daughters of Jerusalem, By the
gazelles or by the does of the field, Do not stir up
nor awaken love Until it pleases.
Youneed to read Song of Solomon.
4) I want to be that Ezer Kenegdo- My husbands helpmeet Gen 2:18-
It is not good for man to be alone. Two are definitely better than 1. I want to
be helpful and not a hindrance for my husband I want to be able to contribute to
the household a=in many form and I want him to want me to do it! I want my
husband to love my help! This leads me to my next point…
5) A proverbs 31 woman--- WOW… I wrote a blog about this a while back check here.
Need I say more!
6) I want to be fruitful and multiply in Genisis there are different scriptures about being fruitful and multiply. I want this in children, businesses, blessing people and so much more!
7) Leave a legacy Genesis 17: 19Then God said, "Yes, but your
wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac. I will establish my
covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after
him .20And as for Ishmael, I have heard
you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase
his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a
8) Would love to have a business together or ministry like Priscilla and Acquila Acts 18:3, they were tentmakers. I know because I talk a lot my hubby probably does not want me working with him 8 hours of the day lol BUT MINISTRY YES!!!
9) Wealth and Prosperity, And to rely on God for my every need And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus (Phil 4:19). And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. 2 Cor 9:8. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, Eph 3:20.
Well this is just a few things :) A woman with a plan a vision! What is your vision for your marriage?